Is this page correct with it gold values

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old CPUs have enough gold to be worth processing, but only if you have enough of them. A few is definitely not enough. Among the best are the Pentium Pros, but even then you really need a minimum of around a kilo to break even. And they're impossible to find at a price that makes even that possible. Each progressive generation of CPUs uses less and less gold as the production process has improved. Most of the gold you can see on anything Pentium III and later is only a few atoms thick. At that point you really have to be working with tons to make it worthwhile. This link is from only 8 months ago. The processing is meticulous and very well done. It's good to watch, but I'm going to cut to the chase. Pentium Pros are supposed to yield.0.3 gr per CPU. Sreetips got 0.5 from 10 of them.

Nope what I meant was - in your link, especially for green fiber cpus, are the heat sinks included in the starting weight or not.
Starting weight is the CPU exactly as it would be right out of the box when new. So if it comes with an integral heat sink, yes.

Old CPUs have enough gold to be worth processing, but only if you have enough of them. A few is definitely not enough. Among the best are the Pentium Pros, but even then you really need a minimum of around a kilo to break even. And they're impossible to find at a price that makes even that possible. Each progressive generation of CPUs uses less and less gold as the production process has improved. Most of the gold you can see on anything Pentium III and later is only a few atoms thick. At that point you really have to be working with tons to make it worthwhile. This link is from only 8 months ago. The processing is meticulous and very well done. It's good to watch, but I'm going to cut to the chase. Pentium Pros are supposed to yield.0.3 gr per CPU. Sreetips got 0.5 from 10 of them.

i personally processed some of these and can say the 0,3g mark (+-) on one pentium pro is valid. but from many lists, numbers exceeding 0,45-0,5g for single CPU are typically unrealistic. one of the best for recovery for kg are small old 386 or 486, or the server/industrial gold plated ones (eg motorola chips) or two side leg old ceramic CPUs. for the modern types as pentium3/4, fiber stuff etc... its only a matter of quantity, if some real recovery to make at least your money back is desired. they have interesting gold/base metal ratio (if compared to medium/low grade pins eg), so less acid is usually spent to dissolve values into solution. like it was said, older means typically better in recovery terms :)
many times, resell to collectors is better option than dissolving these to get some small ammount of gold.

Latest posts

Back