iShor Kit

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vango57

I made the mistake last year before finding the forum and bought the sub zero kit from iShor. I thought about just putting it on Ebay and cutting my loss. But I was wondering if the contents can really be use to make AR or anything else that may be practical if I get the chance to refine?

Thanks,
Van

Yes you can. The kit contains Sodium Nitrate, which can be used to make cold recipe nitric acid or poor man’s AR. Sodium Metabisulfite (SMB) used to drop your gold from solutions. Urea that some people use to neutralize the nitric acid when too much is used. Ammonia Hydroxide and Stannous Chloride used to test your solutions. However, I wouldn’t trust the Stannous Chloride because it’s probably old and weak from sitting on a shelf for too long.

Mike

The stannous chloride came premixed in a small plastic squeeze bottle. Thats why I would assume it has gotten weak. And how do I know this??

Cause I was one of the folks that ordered one of these kits. :lol: I was lucky and found this site before it had arrived so I never used any of the chemicals until I knew a little more and I never even tried it by there directions. I still chuckle to this day when ever I pull out iShor's instructions. Thank you all for this great forum.

Mike

Latest posts

Back