Looks like a pretty cool forum!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but not new to chemistry. I'm a 68 yo retired Process Engineer with a degree in Chemistry,
BA Northwestern University 1977. I worked in American chemical and electronics industry for many years with metal cleaning, pretreatment, and finishing (steel and aluminum), electroplating, electroforming, and electroless plating primarily with nickel, gold. and palladium. I have a home lab with 2 fume hoods, ovens, glassware, couple great microscopes, balances, and other types of cool labby stuff. I have lots of other hobbies, so metallurgy is just one.
I got interested in gold mining/processing on a hobby scale, about 12-13 years ago. I own a 20 acre parcel in NE Washington that has an old small mine on it. I've collected about a half ton of quartz ore from the mine over a few years. The ore has been assayed and I've tested it myself for gold content. Yes there's actually about 0.2-0.5 oz/ton of gold in it. Sooner or later I will be processing the ore and chemically capturing the gold and silver from it.
I've been reading a number of threads on this forum and find it very informative. I have a small bunch of old PC boards with 3" long gold fingers on them that I want to recover the gold from and this forum is helping me get ready to do that. I just ordered a copy of the Hoke book yesterday, so that should be a good resource.
Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the forum. To go along with the hard copy of Hoke's book you just ordered, you'll find a couple of free pdf copies in my signature line below. I keep my hard copy of the book in my house, use my printed out printer friendly copy when I refine, and refer to the screen readable copy any time I need to search for something.

Dave

Latest posts

Back