Low grade CPU lot and Ram lot on the bay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darshevo

I put 2 lots up today on ebay. 1 is about 4 lbs of ram the other is 3.5 lbs of P3, P4 and celeron CPU's

Here is one of the links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130405330432&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

If a forum member is the eventual winner let me know with your payment and I will dig up some bonus CPUs or ram to go along with the lot

-Lance

Do you do well on Ebay? do you find it cost effective versus actual refining the products? the reason i am asking is that i have quite a bit of scrap and i really want to recover the gold, platinum and silver from these materials, but i am a bit intimidated. There is a lot to learn here before i begin. I have everything i need to actually begin, but finding the inspiration is lacking working with these dangerous materials. I have great respect for the chemicals that i will eventually be using but, until then i will keep busting up computer and main frames.

e-Scrap is slowly becoming a business for me. I sell off my lower grade stuff to keep the scrap machine running. I keep higher grade stuff for future reference (I haven't done any refining/recovery yet, just been reading reading reading)

eBay is a love hate relationship for me. Sometimes I do really well (far better than if I was processing myself) other times my stuff sells for peanuts. I don't use reserves, I just put it up and let it ride. Play the averages as it were. If you spend some time reading the forums you will see a lot of info regarding selling your stuff vs processing it.

-Lance

You are right to give careful consideration to the chemicals used
in the processes for recovery and refining. I spent months laboring
over trying the AP process. It is intimidating but is you can follow
a recipe for making a cake or a casserole then you can surely refine.
HOWEVER!!!!!!!! These processes are not for the foolhardy. You can
injure yourself and others permanently!!!

I have enjoyed watching the gold trapped in ecrap items that I have
harvested from computers being scrapped become a little button of
gold. Will I continue doing this long term, probably not as it is hazardous
and I would need a better setup and location to do what I want to do.

If it were me I would look on ebay for a while and see how auctions are
presented, how pictures are done and the verbage is done and their results
and then I would emulate what is successful from observation. Keep fifteen
or twenty pounds of gold fingers for your self and try the AP process
and make yourself a button of gold that weighs an ounce to keep.
Look for older CPU's and sell them to the crazy collectors of "vintage" cpus
if you can for theirs is a different world for sure!!

Sell off the other stuff to Zack "escrap" or someone like him and
press on to the next thing in life for you. 8)

Latest posts

Back