Messed up the stannous test

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shenri

Hi,
First post since I have been reading this forum for the last 6 months learning the AP process on gold fingers and pins. Have done 2 successful gold recovery and refining processes using HCL+Bleach and dropping with SMB. I was ready to do my third drop with SMB but before I did that I did a stannous test of the yellow-green solution which was positive for gold. At this point I had about 1 ml of stannous test solution left in a pippet that I was going to squirt back into the stannous bottle but I accidentally squirted it into my 300ml gold solution. As you can imagine half the gold solution turned a beautiful swirling brown color. Now what? I decided to do the drop with SMB which was successful. The question is how do I clean up the gold? Will washes with HCL dissolve the tin which I can pour off or is the gold mixed with the tin and I have to do something else to clean up the gold powder? I was only expecting about 1g of gold after the drop. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Latest posts

Back