Mistake made when using the bleaching method to extract gold from gold ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haynesmary

Hello my name is Mary this is the first time posting on this forum hi ya all I have made a mistake... I am using the bleaching method to extract gold from gold ore ...I put the sodium bisufite in at the wrong time .? What do I do? Did I I ruin the gold chloride ? Can this mistake be corrected ? Can some one please let me know what I can do about this thank you very much ...what a stupid mistake ... Thank you mary

Did you test the solution to make sure there was gold present? Stannous chloride is a solution made from dissolving tin metal in HCl. When you add a drop of stannous chloride to a drop of your suspected gold chloride, it should turn a shade of purple to black depending on the amount of gold in solution. Stannous chloride will also detect other precious metals that may be in the solution as well. It's very hard to determine what may have happened unless you can establish that the solution had gold in it to begin with. Look up stannous chloride on the group to learn the easiest way to make it for yourself and learn how to use it. When you ask a question like "what happened to my gold" it is much easier for the members to help you if you have test results that shows that gold was indeed in the solution at the beginning and no gold at the ending.

Latest posts

Back