Mixed metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walcam

Hi i have been doing some practice runs with various escrap and extracted quite some material in the process.

However as i dont have a furnace or crucibel yet, i have gathered all my coffeefilters i neat piles depending on metal for later melting.

However, by forces unknow to nature, my wife decided that my lab looked messy ( By lab im talking about a workbench in the garrage with a small selfmade fumehood over it)
Wondering why i had so many dirty looking coffeefilters on the workbench, she decided to toss them all in the bin....
I managed to rescue the bin, but the filters are now all mixed up.

So.. i have now about 50 filters mixed with gold, silver, Platinum, Paladium, copper, iron, plastic, bananapeel, carbon and various other content..
I would like some advice on how to proceed as this go beyond my expertice.
i have ofcourse removes all impurities that isnt smeared in metal dust.

Thanks
Carsten

Most should be in metal form, atleast the metals collected. however a few of the filters themselves are a bit discolered, so im assuming some salts are present in minor form from the liquid that went through them but it looks like that is mostly copperchloride

anachronism-> recovery was the standard HCl + airbubbler then to HCl + Chlorine for the gold

heated Nitric + HCl was used for the Platinum

Latest posts

Back