more aluminum questions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

what is the value of the aluminum can?
And can I increase its value by consolidating them into ingots?

I don't think it would be cost effective to make ingots. If you want to do it or melt some heavy metal checkout backyardmetalcasting.com

You can increase the value of aluminum cans by hydraulically compressing them into briquettes.

It is uneconomical to melt cans into ingot, pigs or sows.

if you try to melt al cans they turn to gunk - the al is so thin that most of it oxidizes. They are melted in a way that prevents this at the recycling plant.

I have tried adding cans to moltn aluminum the bottom sometimes joins the melt but the rest of the can is a waste.

what was done ages a go was to put a little rock in every other can you can the reduce it to about 25 cans a pound.

In Iowa cans are worth a nickel, In Michigan it's a dime.

Remember the Seinfeld were Kramer drove the mail truck full of cans to Michigan.

Sounds alot like some of the ideas here!! :D

British Columbia cans and plastic pop bottles 5 cents, chocolate milk and fruit drinks 5 cents, beer cans and bottles 10 cents, 1 liter and over 20 cents.

Manitoba nothing ( zilch ) with the exception of beer, we pay the environment fee on all, they still burn the garbage at the dump every Saturday in the small towns.

I never understood that either. I pay the levy fee on recyclable items yet I can't reclaim it. Plus I pay taxes for our recycling program so I get double dinged. Going to save up my tetra packs and miklk cartons by the truck load and drive them to BC next time I go snowboarding.

I crush and bail mine. here in MA we have the 5 cent deposit which is 20/$ but in RI where there is no deposit it's worth it to crush them. I'm getting about $.85/lb for the bailed cans.

remeber one thing we may pay .02 levy on all cans but places like saskatchewan actually pay .16 on every can and only get back .10

They pay a redemable price plu and enviro levy.

we only pay an enviro levy.

plus we still get around .35 a pound for cans so we are better off.

Back