• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motherboards, Peripheral Cards, CD and Floppy Drives,+ more

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agpodt77339

I have a lot of boards, drives, and power supplies from computers that I need to get rid of. I was going to process these myself, but I do not have the time or the chemicals. I do not think shipping would be an option for this stuff, so you would have to pick it up(Mendon, MA), or possibly meet me halfway. Also, if you don't want to buy this stuff, but know of a scrap-yard near me (less than 1 hour) that would buy it, I would be willing to pay a small finders fee (about $10). I have called a couple local scrap-yards already, and they said that they no longer buy computer scrap. Im not sure if anyone on the forum lives near me, but its worth a try.

I have(these are approximate weights, they are not exact):
55lbs. motherboards
60lbs peripheral cards(with fingers)
100-200lbs power supplies
14 lbs mixed boards
100lbs CD and Floppy drives (this weight is a guess, but there are about 70 CD drives and 30 Floppy drives)

I think you should expect the outcome of 70-80(without cpus) grams per tonn of motherboards so if you have 20 kg it will be 1,4-1,6 grams. Looks cool.
As for me i am reeeeally interested in perepherial cards yields, so if you don't mind can you write what you've got when you will process them.

Back