Need PGM Pro

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog20

I tested this with Nitric, it's not Ag. I need someone to help ID, process, & sell. It doesn't look like a typical PGM I know, if there is such a thing. I'm willing to mail a small sample & we can go from there...

Attachments

• 20221201_043203.jpg
    20221201_043203.jpg
    3.8 MB
You need to find yourself an assayer and quit posting pictures of every rock you find.

Enough of your posts end up in the rogues gallery that I'm surprised you haven't been banned.

Surprised you're not asking for an advance like you have in previous posts.

You need to find yourself an assayer and quit posting pictures of every rock you find.

Enough of your posts end up in the rogues gallery that I'm surprised you haven't been banned.

Surprised you're not asking for an advance like you have in previous posts.
I do agree, he needs to find himself an assayer and run his stuff the correct way.
But posts ending up in the Rogues gallery….
There may be many reasons for that and I’m not sure they are all reasons for banning, even if they have to be against the forum rules.

I tested this with Nitric, it's not Ag. I need someone to help ID, process, & sell. It doesn't look like a typical PGM I know, if there is such a thing. I'm willing to mail a small sample & we can go from there...
You have been told again and again, get your rocks assayed, without an assay they are just nice rocks.
Next, dropping unknown rocks in acid are a sure path to poisoning yourself or others, so please stop that.

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
You have been told again and again, get tour rocks assayed, without an assay they are just nice rocks.
Next, dropping unknown rocks in acid are a sure path to poisoning yourself or others, so please stop that.
Good to know the members are pro-censorship. Easy for you fools to talk seeing as how you have good resources where you are...

Between this nonsense and the iridium spacerock from heaven guy, I vote for more censorship. If you want a cess pool of "free speech" try Twitter.

Between this nonsense and the iridium spacerock from heaven guy, I vote for more censorship. If you want a cess pool of "free speech" try Twitter.
I don’t think equating Twitter to a cesspool is fair or appropriate. I doubt you’d have the same opinion if it were you who was being suppressed. As far as these nonsense posts go, it’s just about all I see lately. People with no knowledge and no intention of investing a single calorie in effort to study and research expect those who have to waste their time explaining why their damn rock isn’t adamantium. Warn once and delete them. The first thing that should pop up for new users is a link to Hoak and a warning to not post anything until they’ve read it twice.

The best resources are ourselves! If you don't have a good assay house close to you, pick up a book, or read some of the literature available in the library to educate yourself. That is what the "fools" on this forum have done. Posting a picture of a white rock, which could be Quartz, or Calcium, with a shiny substance which could be Mica, a pyrite, or some other potentially valuable mineral, with your claims that it is such and such, is PURE HORSESHIT ! Stop it! I don't know you, but you speak like a total dips hit scumbag. We appreciate your interests, but you are not bringing any credence to this forum. You call us fools, but we know that you are the fool. At least until you pony up, and learn to do some things for yourself, instead of trying to suck all the energy out of the good people here, trying to help some of the others. And I am trying to sugar coat it. You should hear me when I'm really pissed. I will get banned from this forum.
Try to do at least a little mineral Id, before posting, please.

Good to know the members are pro-censorship. Easy for you fools to talk seeing as how you have good resources where you are...
I do not censor anything, but you do not do what is necessary to validate your claims.
And that means your claims are noting but that.
The result is that what you present is rocks, nothing more nothing less.

I have no resources where I am either, and as far as I know they do not exist in my country. But that don’t matter, because I don’t spread claims of all kinds around.
There are probably many ways you could have solved your identification issue.
But for us it don’t even look like you are interested in solving it.

No-one can reliably identify a rock by pictures alone. But you can crush/chip off a piece and send it to someone/ somewhere and have it checked.

Edited for spelling

There is one point you seem to miss on the forum…. We are a free resource for knowledge but YOU have to do the work to access and understand it.
We do have members who can do assays but that comes at a cost and a proper assay at considerable cost, if you don’t want or can’t pay that cost learn to do the assays yourself.
As others have said pictures of rocks are just that , without proof of content including possible dangerous and or toxic elements no one wants to take the risk of messing with them.
Calling or alluding to members as fools or even worse a moderator is not a smart move , no one here is paid and I for one expect respect for all on the forum !
No one has a right to be on here it’s a privilege so treat it as so.

Snodog, the picture is too blurry to really tell anything. From the image, I agree it could be mica. If you take a sharp pointed knife, and dig at the dark areas, does any of it flake off, even a little bit?

Dave

I do not censor anything, but you do not do what is necessary to validate your claims.
And that means your claims are noting but that.
The result is that what you present is rocks, nothing more nothing less.

I have no resources where I am either, and as far as I know they do not exist in my country. But that don’t matter, because I don’t spread claims of all kinds around.
There are probably many ways you could have solved your identification issue.
But for us it don’t even look like you are interested in solving it.

No-one can reliably identify a rock by pictures alone. But you can crush/chip off a piece and send it to someone/ somewhere and have it checked.

Edited for spelling
Hey, guy who's name no one can pronounce. Did you read post? What does title of the post say? Are you proficient in English & grammar? My guess is no. Maybe have a chat with your folks about the name.
As for doing what is "necessary", re-read previous paragraph.

Snodog, the picture is too blurry to really tell anything. From the image, I agree it could be mica. If you take a sharp pointed knife, and dig at the dark areas, does any of it flake off, even a little bit?

Dave
I sent a few samples to a guy in Az. Another sample to Canada three weeks ago, unfortunately UPS seems to have lost that package. Tracking doesn't even have a scan.
Anyway it does flake & there's teeny metal when you pan it. A friend's xrf said Rh/Pd/Ru, not that I trust xrf, but my previous testing does seem to corroborate it a bit. If anyone can test, I'll mail a crushed sample.

Dave
I know PGMs aren't typically associated with light colored elements, but I've used a wire brush & that white is a tarnish. It's heavy. In second pic, is 7 lbs of what was 9 lbs. At this point it's getting hard to break. You can see in person that the pretty white metal goes all the way through...20221201_154656.jpg20221126_090245.jpg

Dave
I know PGMs aren't typically associated with light colored elements, but I've used a wire brush & that white is a tarnish. It's heavy. In second pic, is 7 lbs of what was 9 lbs. At this point it's getting hard to break. You can see in person that the pretty white metal goes all the way through...View attachment 53412View attachment 53413

Dave
What are your thoughts on this one?

Attachments

• 20221201_185813.jpg
    20221201_185813.jpg
    3.4 MB

Latest posts

Back