need some help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms32462

i am doing computer fingers 1 st wash was with nitric acid 500 water-500 acid came out blue but where does the yellow liquid come from watched steve vid and still dont know does it come from the next wash of clorox and meritiac acid this stuff is harder than wht i thought thanks

If you are washing the foils after running the fingers thru AP and you washed with nitric without incinerating before you washed in nitric you probably dissolved some of your foils and that is what the yellow color comes from.

How did you process the fingers?

Barren Realms 007 said:
If you are washing the foils after running the fingers thru AP and you washed with nitric without incinerating before you washed in nitric you probably dissolved some of your foils and that is what the yellow color comes from.

How did you process the fingers?

well u have to drop gold out the yellow liqiud does come from clorox and muratic acid does this combo eat the gold ?????

yes thats what i needed now my next step is a clorox bath and we will see smb we will have to play with how much starting out half teaspoon i guess but i think u u are leading me right i followed steve vid but never done this before wow what a time but im sure in time it will be worth it thanks

how long should i let clorox blend run for how do i know if all gold is desolved ??????

You watched a video of Steve’s but you used nitric? For fingers it is usually processed with HCL - peroxide to digest the base metals then on to a hot rinse with HCL to remove the remaining base metals. Then digest the foils with either HCL-Clorox or AR.
Lasersteve has a good video on the HCL-peroxide method on his site.
If you go to any of Palladium’s posts in his signature line there is a free download of Hokes book. Spend some time reading this book it is the bible for beginners. Get familiar with the test tube reactions and tests in her book. Lasersteve also has a video for making stannous chloride for testing solutions for gold. A lot of reading is required to start to understand the processes used to recover then refine any of the precious metals.
Work safe and be safe, Mark

ms32462 said:
how long should i let clorox blend run for how do i know if all gold is desolved ??????

To dissolve your foild in HCL/clorox. Put your foils in the HCL and add the clorox in small amounts, when no more bubbling reaction is taking place or no more foils are dissolving add another small amount of clorox. A little heat on the reaction will help it dissolve the foils.

There is a good chance if you have washed your foils in nitric that when you puth them in the HCL they will start to dissolve.

Latest posts

Back