need some help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I HAVE LOTS OF FOIL BUT IS MIXED UP AFTER FILTERING WITH FOREIGN MATTER NOTHING CATCHES ON MAGNET THERE IS PAINT AND SMALLPIECES I TRIED AG METHODE BUT MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG AS IT DID NOT WORK I GOT SUCKED IN AND PAID MONEY TO MAN TO HELP AND HE DUMPED ME IS THERE AWAY TO GET RID OF DIRT THIS FOIL COMES FROM PLATED MATERIAL

welcome to the forum Horse. Please lose the all caps.
Explain to us a little more what you have and are trying to do with it.

Horse,

Your post isn't very clear, but I think you are asking how to remove trash from gold foils.

If so, just dissolve the gold foils with some HCl and Clorox or standard AR.

Welcome to the forum and please refrain from using all caps, it's not considered polite. :wink:

Steve

Just a hunch, but I think French is his native tongue. Maybe let Noxx talk the Quebec talk to him, eh?

I'm with Steve on HCl and bleach.

hello

I RUN BATCHES OF PINS CONNECTORS OR ANY OTHER GOLD PLATED THAT IS ON BOARD I TAKE TIDE SOAP CONT 4 LETERS AND CUT OFF TOP I FILL UP WITH MATERIAL I PUT IN 1 LETER OF HCL AND 1 CUP OF A MIXTURE OF 50% ACETONE 50%TOLUENE BAL TO FILL UP I FILL WITH LIQUID FROM PREVIOUS BATCHES I PUT AWAY AND LET SIT FOR 1 MONTH I THEN FILTER AND THAT IS WHEE THE FOIL AND SMALL PIECES OF GOLD COME FROM THAT ARE MIXED WITH DIRT
I RUN 1 BATCH A DAY I DO NOT PUT FINGERS OR CPU IN THESE BATCHES I HAVE NOT DONE NOTHING WITH THESE YET

horse506 said:
hello

I RUN BATCHES OF PINS CONNECTORS OR ANY OTHER GOLD PLATED THAT IS ON BOARD I TAKE TIDE SOAP snip----

Please lose the all caps posting.

Harold

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snip............ You need to cut that out Harold. :lol: :lol:

First off stop mixing those chemicals. I'm not sure but that acetone is a no no i think. I read some where that there was a good chance of explosion involved with mixing acetone with some of these refining chemicals. I don't remember where. I have about 20 gals in the shop. I use it as an epoxy solvent. I wondered about it use and somewhere i found it. :?:

He is taking a tide jug ( 4 liters ) and filling it with the chemicals. The dirt is what has me thrown ? Cold this be from the muriatic dissolving the base metals and then precipitating back out of the solution ? May seem like dirt to him ?

Give the guy a break. He did get the first word with no caps. :p

He's from Quebec but he doesn't understand french very well (the writing).
So I think english is better for him.

i want to thank you guys for help you are giving me

i took tea spoon of foil and washed with mur and rinced with water

did this 3 times
what i had at end was foil some very small pieces and very fine brown

looking sand

i t hen took some nitric and put in there was no reaction i still have foil with this brown sand

i am at a loss what to do next :?: :?: :(

Pour off all the nitric except 10 mL and add a 40 mL mililiters of HCl.

All the gold should dissolve and the liquid should turn golden yellow (auric chloride in acid).

This amount of AR will dissolve around 10 grams of foils.

Do you need help with the next step after the gold is dissolved?

Steve

Latest posts

Back