Need some information about this rocks please ✌️

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cramatoria

Hi , trying to know if what you see
can be Torch Melt directly flakes in that state after removal from the ore or we need any kind of process before. Thanks 🙏 IMG_8413.jpegIMG_8420.jpeg

Basic formalities, crush to 150 mesh, roast at 700 F., mix with proper flux, heat in furnace, pour in mold, cupel off any base metals, inquart, weigh for PMs. Simple after a couple years of study. A torch flame applied directly to your rock will make it explode in your face, not recommended. Simple answer is no. Try it though, so you know what I'm talking about. Wear fire proof clothes, full face shield, and a non flammable environment. You have to start somewhere. Believing in some forum members is a start.

Basic formalities, crush to 150 mesh, roast at 700 F., mix with proper flux, heat in furnace, pour in mold, cupel off any base metals, inquart, weigh for PMs. Simple after a couple years of study. A torch flame applied directly to your rock will make it explode in your face, not recommended. Simple answer is no. Try it though, so you know what I'm talking about. Wear fire proof clothes, full face shield, and a non flammable environment. You have to start somewhere. Believing in some forum members is a start.
Thanks you !

The roasting process is very delicate
and with respect
is dangerous when You don’t have the knowledge and the equipment to do it.

when roasting ore powder it’s always release some fumes
be careful from breathing those fumes

always use a respirator that can be for those fumes and gasses.

if you don’t know what you dealing with
study about it before doing anything

because can be very dangerous

some ore contain many different kind of minerals and sometimes arsenic
that is a poison

I personally don’t roast ore

i crushed and panned
if i can see gold then i use my favor way of extracting that gold

I spend many time and money with refractory ores
and at the end
The return is Not what I spected.

(unless You have big operation
with lot of equipment and big fund to use it.)

(roasting with salt
for sure You will lose gold)

it happen to many peoples,including me.

roasting is a process that take time and money.

Last edited:
One more note about Roasting.

Roast your ore type, no matter if it's a sulphide or oxidized mineral. When roasting, cover your powdered ore with a vented lid, and walk away from it, let it roast for at a minimum 2 hours (dependant upon quantification of material) @ 700°F. Mix ore with equal amount of uniodized salt (jf a sulphide, otherwise DO NOT add salt) and include many 16 penny nails within the ore and roast them with it, as Iron increases the roast's ability to geochemically break down alliances between metals with other metals, organics, and salts.

Back