Newbie Question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David6789

First I would like to say hello to you all. I am new and trying to learn. I am super excited!

Is there a thread (I searched but didn't find one) that lists (pictures would be great) all the gold locations on a typical computer, laptop, cell phone, TV, printer, etc? I have gathered up 10 laptops, 5 PCs, 4 printers, 8 cell phones, 6 flat screens. I don't want to miss out on any good gold (or other precious metals/items) when I process them.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Welcome to the forum.
My advice take what’s obvious and easy and scrap the rest, you are going to need a lot more than what you have to make a decent button so keep reading collecting and learning.

I echo nickvc's advice. You will need to go through a tremendous amount of equipment to gather enough material to make an endeavour into refining worthwhile. In the meantime there is a wealth of knowledge to gain here by reading, and of course asking some questions. Refining is not something that one can simply jump into and master easily. Many of the members here are more than willing to answer questions if you have first made an effort to study. I am sure that someone will be along soon enough to give you some suggestions as what to read. I am not that guy though as I am not all that experienced myself.

Good luck in your pursuit, and above all, stay safe!! There are plenty of ways to hurt yourself and others if you don't know what you are doing.

Dennis

One not so obvious place where most of the gold is hiding is inside black plastic chips. The ones with a flip-chip you could actually leave on the board.

Welcome to the forum, keep reading it's all here already.

Göran

Hi
You can find gold in chips, cpu, gold plated boards, gold plated pins, gold plated fingers and ...
You can find silver in chips, cpu, mlcc capacitors, tantalum capacitors and ...
You can find palladium in chips, cpu, mlcc capacitors and ...

Latest posts

Back