Nitric Acid, HCL and H2SO4

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avigp193

Here in india I am getting all acid at about 40 rupees per litre means half a dollor for a litre of every acid but purity is undefined.

But all acids are working like charm for me.

Even getting HCL at 15 INR Indian rupee per litre.

Is that the rate everywhere same in world or huge difference.

Here in india I am getting all acid at about 40 rupees per litre means half a dollor for a litre of every acid but purity is undefined.

Some places you can't even buy Nitric unless you have a business license and very expensive.

Uh, 50 cents USD per liter is about $1.90 USD per gallon. That doesn't seem right. Perhaps a units error (not liter) or currency conversion error?

If you strip all manufacture costs regarding workers safety, proper wages, quality control, enviromental protection measures and proper waste treatment costs... And adjust for electricity and natgas prices you have in India (because HCl is vastly priced according to electricity price, nitric and sulfuric for natgas price), yeah, these should be very cheap in fact.

Here in EU, liter of tech-grade acid in bulk (railroad wagon tank) is somwhere around 0,6-1 EUR/kg/L depending on specifications (concentration, purity, fertilizer grade/non-suitable for fertilizer manufacture etc.).

Everything is much more expensive here, because labor cost is much higher, transportation costs much more, there are safety protocols applied everywhere, routine tests are performed by certified laboratories (pricey) not only of the product, but also equipent used...

If you can get through the regulatory hurdles, pay the deposit on a ss carboy, and store 15 gal at a time- the regulatory hurdles being: can talk to sales like a professional and not be a lawsuit waiting to happen. Then you can get companies like north industrial chemicals to sell you 15 gal bulk carboys of azotropic nitric at about $.60 a pound. Yes its by weight just like most else industrial chemicals wise.

Latest posts

Back