nitric

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clint s

i found some nitric it is 69.7 % 6 7pound bottles for $165 is that a good price and will it work for melting scrap gold

clint s said:
i found some nitric it is 69.7 % 6 7pound bottles for $165 is that a good price and will it work for melting scrap gold
Try using punctuation,it is difficult to understand several comments all ran together.
A 6 pack of 7 pound bottles would be 3.8 gallons,which would be $43.42 per gallon,but you did not say if that includes shipping.For me that would be a very bad price,but to someone that normally orders it from Duda,that would be a great price.So it depends on who you ask.
And no it will NOT work for melting scrap gold.......for that you will need a torch or kiln of some sort.

Thank you ,I have looked all over for the nitric in my area and this was the only place i could find it, where i can go pick it up directly i am a newbi at this very very green but is the percentage good to work with ingesting gold ? but am learning

? i am not real savy on the lango as you know

clint s said:
Thank you ,I have looked all over for the nitric in my area and this was the only place i could find it, where i can go pick it up directly i am a newbi at this very very green but is the percentage good to work with ingesting gold ? but am learning

? i am not real savy on the lango as you know

We can't tell you were you can pick it up directly because we have no idea where you are located!

dtectr said:
Note: Sorry for the following "All-Caps"
NITRIC WON'T MELT GOLD
It also won't dissolve gold (not alone--but it will with HCl).

The point is, there's a distinct difference between melting (heat) and dissolving----where heat may or may not be involved.

To clint s-----It's important to get terminology straight at the outset, so people know exactly what you're talking about.

Harold

After you do more research and reading both in the forum and C. M/ Hokes books call around in Spokane Washington for chemical / acid suppliers. The drive is only about 25 miles to pick up supplies. Also check for companies that supply laboratory glass and equipment. Be safe, read, read and read some more.
Mark

well i got a starter kit coming from i.shor to day it uses sub Zero for nitric i am gonna get some nitric as well but the kit had other things, i need it was only 55
I have a lot of old watches cases and bands that are gold filled and rolled gold that i wanna do a batch with .any suggestions, for me ? should i soke them in just nitric first to pull the base metals or just put them in AR and start my process.

Clint
when your box comes from i sh** please return it and do not open, ask for a full refund .
So many people come to this forum after they tried Ish** and they had a mess and wanted to correct it . The only thing they will do is sell you more CHEMICALS which you dont need at there price.

Everything you need to recover and or refining GOLD and other metal's, is here in the SEARCH bar. use the search bar and GO to lasersteves WEB site ... Read and learn read some more . read hoke's book (free download)

paul

clint s said:
well i got a starter kit coming from i.shor to day it uses sub Zero for nitric i am gonna get some nitric as well but the kit had other things, i need it was only 55
I have a lot of old watches cases and bands that are gold filled and rolled gold that i wanna do a batch with .any suggestions, for me ? should i soke them in just nitric first to pull the base metals or just put them in AR and start my process.

That's probably $50 more than it will cost if you do your research on here.... :idea:

Ok i have been reading hokes book and it talks about basic 3 ways to drop the gold from AR copperas and 2 more where does urea come in

clint s said:
Ok i have been reading hokes book and it talks about basic 3 ways to drop the gold from AR copperas and 2 more where does urea come in
She doesn't use urea. Please keep reading and you will see that she uses evaporation to remove excess nitric and the steps involved on how to do it.

Mike

well i got my nitric today it is KMJ 69.5 % clean room LP is that a ok brand ? i also have about 1oo penny weights of gold fill and rolled gold scrap soaking in the nitric
is it ok to let it sit over night then filter it it off ? some of the scrap dont seam to be dissolving but there is alot of foil looking metal i assume that is the gold .

If there is Silver present then it will not dissolve in 69% Nitric solution and will need to be diluted by 50% before it will attack the Silver.

Latest posts

Back