Oops. A bit late.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnW

Hi all.

I'm a retired mechanical engineer that travels a lot in third world countries doing consulting work and looking for opportunities.

I helped set up several small gold and silver mining operations in Costa Rica, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela. This was more than 20 years ago.

I also have refining experience, including Miller process, and electrolytic silver cells, as well as aqua regia, SX, and my longest all time old favorite inquartation.

Also experience in the fire assay of gold/silver ores and of bullion bars.

Only very brief and small scale experience with Platinum, Palladium, Iridium and Rhodium. Mainly from small batches of white gold scrap jewellery many years ago.

Currently doing precious metals only as a small hobby for myself, and small consulting jobs that seldom pop up.

Have experience in the building of gas fired melting and cupellation furnaces, both assay and larger smelting furnaces.

Very involved in the recovery of some 4,000 tons of copper oxide slags with about 35% copper content, that are giving my old brain a good workout.

If you know of any openings for a general manager of the Royal Canadian Mint, with a good salary, let me know!. :lol:

Back