Palladium Capacitors Recycling and Recover the Palladium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safiye

Hi Guys,
I separated those capacitors from PCBoards with heat gun and now i will recover Pd from those.
I want to do this process together, do you guys have a way to share with me? I would like to follow your suggestions and share the results in here.

Thanks

Attachments

• capacitors.jpeg
    capacitors.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 10
First of all - there are things in your pic besides capacitors

Second - most of what are capacitors are tantalum capacitors & NOT Pd capacitors

Third - there are a few that may (or not) be the type that have Pd in them

Those would be the little tan/brown ones with silver (looking) ends

Though they may contain Pd (& silver) more then likely they are copper/nickel

In other words - very little - if any at all Pd in that pic

Kurt

as i search, yellow ones are tantalum capacitors so because of that i tried to separate them from others.

but on some writings, it says they can be also palladium capacitors, difference occour from brand to brand

in the end, i think like you and i will process them separately to see what i get

Second - most of what are capacitors are tantalum capacitors & NOT Pd capacitors

Kurt
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-25 at 12.42.24 (1).jpeg

I had some Tantalum capacitors but havent try just collecting maybe you can help me to seperate but havent know where can i sell them...

I bought them as Ta but deallers gimme as free.

View attachment 52604

I had some Tantalum capacitors but havent try just collecting maybe you can help me to seperate but havent know where can i sell them...

I bought them as Ta but deallers gimme as free.
I do not know this exact type. But old ones, casings are quite often made of silver. But more modern types are typically silver plated brass. You need to find out. If silver, that´s called jackpot :D

Hi Guys,
I separated those capacitors from PCBoards with heat gun and now i will recover Pd from those.
I want to do this process together, do you guys have a way to share with me? I would like to follow your suggestions and share the results in here.

Thanks
Hi Safiye,

The two orange parts are MLCCs also.
I've seen them in in docking stations for Notebooks (Toshiba or Dell - don't remember), I haven't processed them yet, so I don't know if they contain Pd.

The long yellow parts (9 pins) in the upper pile are resistors (8 resistors, 1 side tied together in one housing).
They don't contain values, sort them out.

hmm this is the price of tantulum capacitors ? always I throw kgs of this capacitors. I m from Europe and how I can sell this capacitors in USA?
me personally I process tones of ewaste just for palladium gold and silver and this tantulum capacitors I throw away.
hhhh like first time when I find russian orange km capacitors I throw all away hahahaha

me personally I process tones of ewaste just for palladium gold and silver and this tantulum capacitors I throw away.
hhhh like first time when I find russian orange km capacitors I throw all away hahahaha
When processing tons of e-waste, it is wise to know about everything and anything on boards. To do research an simple analysis on any parts you already does not know. Make very organized notes with material type, photo, yields, processing method, culprits everything. Otherwise you will be crying many many times...

I am in this business for good ammount of time, and after years of seeing all those components, alloys, thermocouple sensors, plated items, catalytic materials, pins etc - week does not pass without me seeing something completely new to me :)

When processing tons of e-waste, it is wise to know about everything and anything on boards. To do research an simple analysis on any parts you already does not know. Make very organized notes with material type, photo, yields, processing method, culprits everything. Otherwise you will be crying many many times...

I am in this business for good ammount of time, and after years of seeing all those components, alloys, thermocouple sensors, plated items, catalytic materials, pins etc - week does not pass without me seeing something completely new to me :)
I don't collect never the Tantalum because I don't have where to sell and take my time and to send the Tantalum in America to send package to rafinery with my own money no way (this is like in Italy I go 2 months ago to a jewelry to sell some gold bottons and they say me I must wait 2 weeks for sending to a laboratory to make analysis to the gold bottons and after I will be paid) is a joke and if I start collect them probably I will get maximum 30 kg of tantulum capacitors and is not worth to complicate my time sending to another continent

I am in this business for good ammount of time, and after years of seeing all those components, alloys, thermocouple sensors, plated items, catalytic materials, pins etc - week does not pass without me seeing something completely new to me
here in Italy where I am the business are very complicated, in italy you don't have where to sell scrap copper because you must have a company to sell it

I don't collect never the Tantalum because I don't have where to sell and take my time and to send the Tantalum in America to send package to rafinery with my own money no way (this is like in Italy I go 2 months ago to a jewelry to sell some gold bottons and they say me I must wait 2 weeks for sending to a laboratory to make analysis to the gold bottons and after I will be paid) is a joke and if I start collect them probably I will get maximum 30 kg of tantulum capacitors and is not worth to complicate my time sending to another continent
It can be sold. You just need to know people who trade the metals around. With tantalum, it is a bit harder than with other non-precious metals, as it is a conflict metal, raw material originating mainly from DRC. That´s why. Around 100eur/kg it goes. Cleaned tantalum. I think it is worth thinking about, isn´t it ? :)
here in Italy where I am the business are very complicated, in italy you don't have where to sell scrap copper because you must have a company to sell it
You circle around tons of e-waste and you yet does not have established company ? Foolish move, in my perspective. You does not need to be company for everything :) take it as an advantage

Hi Safiye,

The two orange parts are MLCCs also.
I've seen them in in docking stations for Notebooks (Toshiba or Dell - don't remember), I haven't processed them yet, so I don't know if they contain Pd.

The long yellow parts (9 pins) in the upper pile are resistors (8 resistors, 1 side tied together in one housing).
They don't contain values, sort them out.
That depends. Those resistor arrays CAN have silver in them, IF they're older. I just save them all since it's hard to date some boards, and there's variation in arrays regardless. I did a test with a few and indeed there was silver. How much I can't say, since it was just an initial test with a few to see if they did have anything at all in them, with too little silver to weigh afterward.

I don't come across them very often, so even after stripping down 4 totes full of Ewaste, I only have 1/4 lb of them.

Now, that Wurlitzer organ I'll be stripping down does have quite a few of them, and they're OLD... so I'm anticipating they'll be good!

Latest posts

Back