Paperthin gold leafes from industry scrap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subzero_01

Hi all,
New on the forum needs som guiding and help refining some sub paper thin flakes from industry scrap, about a 1kg in different sizes, from mm2 to a couple of cm2.
I was thinking about melting it in furnace to get some bigger lumps. Already successfully refined scrap getting 1kg of 22K -24K only by melting it, but it was bigger lumps to begin with. I guess the scrap is almost pure gold from the start.
Now all those flakes with one goldy side and other platina colored or maybe tungsten/rhutenium, make me wonder how to proceed. Have been doing this for a month now, melting it by accy-oxy torch, but invested in small electric furnace waiting to arrive.
Any thoughts anyone?

I think it's ok, Subzero is a good name on someone from Sweden. :lol: Although, on this forum it might rise some other feelings...

Hi there and welcome.

Is it just metal or are there other materials as paper or plastic in the mix? I've never heard about a gold foil backed by ruthenium or tungsten, especially since those two metals are quite different in properties. Why do you think that is what you have?

I've never heard of any industry that produces one kilo of pure gold scrap and not recovering it in some way. Care to share what type of industry would produce this kind of scrap?

Any pictures?

Göran

Latest posts

Back