PGM content

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

I have recieved PGM assay result from Japanese refinary. it's obviously average for each group, how can I calculate the estimate average for the same group but different quantities of each types of catalysts. Example

group 1 contained 7 different types of catalytic converters, sample I sent each contained equal number of catalytic converters, but in real world, collection will be as following

type 1 cat 50 pieces, type 2 cat 100 pieces, type 3 cat 20 pieces, type 4 cat 10 pieces, type 5 cat 10 pieces, type 6 cat 30 pieces, and type 7 20 pieces monthly. It's been a while i took the statistic in college so I can't really recall how to do this, anyone here with strong math statistic background here? how can I find the average PGM content for the above configuration. the PGM content for the same group with 1 piece of each type is 1243ppm Pt, 0 Pd and 129ppm Rh.

Thanks and I hope I made sense
Kevin

well I sent them 3 groups of samples, first one had only Pt and Rh, the second and 3rd group only Pd and Rh. I should have send the right representative samples, I think i can find a way around it. group 3 has only 3 types of catalysts in it and they are same number of samples collected per month. So I am going to start with shipping them group 3 then in next lot I can send a representative samples from other groups to be sure.

Also, their payment is 80% provisional payment within a month after cargo arrival in their factory and the rest 20% will be paid after final result. is this a norm among refinaries?

Thanks
Kev

Back