Pins and Contacts

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Newbie here,

I have some header pins and contacts. I have used the AP process to strip the card edge fingers off of boards, but I am wondering how to get the gold off of these contacts. Is it best to just strip the gold off and then precip it out or should I dissolve the whole contact. Stripping just the gold seems like it would use much less solution, but it might not be complete. The clorox/HCL i havent tried yet. I watched a bunch of the videos on lasersteves site and they are great, and I have used the search function, but i havent found out exactly what I am looking for.

john "cushdaddy" cushman

novice moron that has a thin film of rust on everything in his garage because of insufficient ventilation

Hey Cush, Welcome to the fourm! With any pin or connector there better done in the E-cell. Steve has a video for this process as well. :wink: Tim

thanks,

I'll try to check that out. There is so much info to sift through on this site it can be a bit overwhelming. I could spend hours here, but that could get me fired. That would put a damper on things.

John

Back