pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kole55

pozz i have some wirewrap pins have anyone met them even got a number engraved 230 thanksIMG_20200104_220509.jpgIMG_20200104_220255.jpgIMG_20200104_220222.jpgIMG_20200104_220152.jpg

Looks pretty ordinary to me. Looks like slot pins that a male connector or finger card plugged into. If it is, that makes the base metal bronze or phosphor bronze. Phosphor bronze can contain up to 12% tin metal by volume. Keep this in mind when you start to process them.

thanks Geo for the comment i put a couple of pieces in HCL and peroxide 3% ie.AP and the other nice foils are not tiny pieces and otherwise these were so called wirewrap connectors and would it be a problem to process them with the AP method due to the presence of tin thanks again Geo and I'm glad we contacted

If it has that much tin in it I would use straight HCL and incinerate the foils left over before processing. Remember tin and HCL make stannous. You don't want to do anything until you're absolutely sure the foils are free of tin.

Latest posts

Back