Plated, filled, boards buyers?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pisca

I have learned a lot from this forum and I appreciate all the hard work and time everyone devotes to helping people. I find all this extremely interesting.
I was finally ready to give it a try. So I looked up the prices for the chemicals and other supplies needed to be safe and effective... The cost vs profits wouldn't be reasonable for me since I only have a small amount of items to recover and refine from.

I have accumulated a decent amount of gold plated/filled jewelry and boards from various electronics that I would like to find a buyer for. I have searched online for places that buy plated scrap but haven't come across any that would be interested in all the things that I have. I do not use eBay or other services like eBay.
I live in north Alabama and there are no places around me, that I am aware of, that accept e-scrap or plated items.
I'm unsure what the value of all my items would be. I will give an estimate of everything I have here so that hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. This is simply a rough estimate and I would need to get exact numbers as I organized things. Everything has been removed from the outer casings and are just the boards with all the little components still attached.

8-10lbs gold plated and filled jewelry
Set of 12 commemorative 24k gold plated spoons and forks
15-20 old pre-touchscreen cell phone boards
6-8 motherboards from desktops/laptops prior to 2010
20 RAM boards
10-15 other random boards from computers such as modem/video cards/etc
8-10 boards from TVs
15-20 miscellaneous boards from remotes/calculators/random electronics
10-12 silver plated items
30-35 "junk" silver dimes (barber, mercury)

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. There could possibly be more items.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

Back