please correct me if im wrong

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdczar

Cold packs found in first aid kits contain one of the following, sodium nitrate or potassium nitrate and water. chemically reacting to create the cold temp in the bag . Is this correct and a possible source of nitrates usable in these practices. Is it the same as "subzero"?

Don't know about those packs but you should go to an elevator if you want nitrates. You know, where farmers take the crops in to sell with the big silos and grain legs. They will have a lot of the stuff you would want for refining, like Lye (Sodium Hydroxide), Sodium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Soda Ash (Sodium Carbonate) and so on and if they don't have it they can probably order it. Usually they get the products in 40 or 50# bags which would last a long time. One bag of the Nitrates shouldn't raise any red flags with them but if they ask what your using it for just tell them.

Steve

Great Idea Steve ,

I have alot of those type places around me that i already actually visit on the basis of feed for my 3 peacocks, (Which I was wondering how hard would it be to extract the nitrates from their poop)? Anyone?

well i woke up and started in on answering my own question and found some fascinating results you guys might enjoy reading about poop lets see if i can post a link
http://mygeologypage.ucdavis.edu/cowen/~gel115/115CH16fertilizer.html

The ice packs that I have seen all contain Ammonium Nitrate. I haven't found any that contain Sodium Nitrate or Potassium Nitrate.

Latest posts

Back