• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Potassium Dichromate

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

publius

My dumb butt wound up with 7 pounds of Potassium Dichromate. I am offering 10 grams packets for $1.75 USD, I'll pay shipping in the continental US. Outside that I'll ship at cost. Larger amounts, PM me...

Robert Jeffery, CWI

Sent you a P.M. Publius.

Would it be asking too much for you to post a picture of the label on the original container?

I can understand if can't/don't post pictures.

Thanks

That postman of mine can't do anything right, thanks for the heads up that my potassium dichromate is on it's way!

Edit: Received as promised, packaged apropriately! Thanks Publius.

If you buy silver and you don't have a bottle of Schwerter's solution for testing, this is your opportunity! As Harold would say, it's like tring to drive without being able to see.

Harold_V said:
The nice thing about Schwerter's is it tells no lies.
Harold
I just received a lifetime supply from Robert (this price is so good I bought 30 grams). PM'd him over the weekend and received my package today!

Thanks Robert!

Dave

Something you may want to be aware of.

Overtime solution will evaporate from any con container and will get a bit and concentrated. When that happens it will react false negative even with 925 silver showing you green or blue colors. To avoid that - dilute with water. At least once or twice a month check solution reaction with 500 (Eisenhower Dollar), 800 European Silver and 925 sterling silver for correct color reactions.

Store solution in LDPE or glass container, for some reason it cracks HDPE.

Alentia said:

It's the nitric acid used to make the Schwerter's solution. It takes a while, but over time it makes the HDPE brittle, causing it to crack when you squeeze it. LDPE lasts longer, but high concentrations of nitric will still attack it, especially at higher temperatures

Dave

That was quick. Ordered on Thursday nite. He shipped on Friday morning & I recieced it on Monday afternoon.

Thank you

Alentia said:
Something you may want to be aware of.

Overtime solution will evaporate from any con container and will get a bit and concentrated. When that happens it will react false negative even with 925 silver showing you green or blue colors. To avoid that - dilute with water. At least once or twice a month check solution reaction with 500 (Eisenhower Dollar), 800 European Silver and 925 sterling silver for correct color reactions.

Glass is even better. Reagent bottles are available on fleabay at reasonable cost.

Be careful with Dichromate. Hexavalent Chromium is a known carcinogen and will cause nasty ulcers if it gets into a scratch on your skin. I remember the old days when we had to clean our glassware with Chromic Acid. I always had at least one ulcer on my hands from working with it.

Running a control sample should be standard procedure, regardless of what metal is being tested for.

Just sent my money -

Thanks for offering this - Hope you sell a ton or at least a few more pounds-:)

Got my package today - thank you for sending it quickly.

If you need some, it's quick, easy and painless.

Grainsofgold

I have had another member query me if I have some left. Well I think I have more than 2 pounds (av not troy) left. The offer is still open!

Robert

Hi all,

I just received my Potassium Dichromate today and I want to thank Robert for the low price and how quick I got it.

Jack

Safety: Potassium dichromate is one of the most common causes of chromium dermatitis;[7] chromium is highly likely to induce sensitization leading to dermatitis, especially of the hand and fore-arms, which is chronic and difficult to treat. Toxicological studies have further illustrated its highly toxic nature. With rabbits and rodents, concentrations as low as 14 mg/kg have shown a 50% fatality rate amongst test groups. [8] Aquatic organisms are especially vulnerable if exposed, and hence responsible disposal according local environmental regulations is advised.

As with other CrVI compounds, potassium dichromate is carcinogenic and should be handled with gloves and appropriate health and safety protection. The compound is also corrosive and exposure may produce severe eye damage or blindness.[9] Human exposure further encompasses impaired fertility, heritable genetic damage and harm to unborn children.

Let's be careful out there boys and girls! :shock:

Hey Robert, this is Ken i have not recieved my Potassium Dichromate that i paid for yet. Can you check your paypal and PM i sent you with the infor.
Thanks
Ken

Latest posts

Back