• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Precious and semiprecious stones, removed from processed jewelry. If, how and for how much?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoIdman

Supporting Member
Hello members. I am preparing to strike my own silver coins/medal ... , but I would like to season it with a little extra, like putting some stones on it (something like American football champions ring :D ) not in excess but just a few stones here and there on the coin. (if floral motifs then in the middle of the petals and so on).

My question is, if some of you have such stones remaining from processing karat jewelry, would you be open to sell it? If yes, what would be the price for which you would be prepared to sell it?

I was thinking for stones not bigger than 2mm in diameter and maximum 2 mm in depth. (i have no idea how these stones are measured so please correct me if i wrote something stupid :p )

Colors that I am interested is red/purple (like ruby), green (like emerald), yellow (like citrine, sapphire, topaz), blue ( like blue sapphire, tourmaline, aquamarine) White (like zirconia, diamond).

I am prospecting my possibilities for now, that is why i am asking. Please feel free to tell me what you have, if you are willing to sell it, and for how much. For me the price is not a secret, i do not wish to resell anything, and i do not need very large quantities. But now and then when i do strike a coin/medal i wish to decorate it.

Every comment is welcomed. Thank you.

Pete

Back