precipitate palladium

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mohamedmsud

hello , i want to precipitate palladium from nitric acid , i already got gold and silver from the solution but i don't know how to get other things from it ...i had 1 kilo of gold ,silver,others mixed with cooper >>> i used nitric acid to get the gold.... now i have the remaining things stuck with the solution what should i do next ..... i did this operation a lot of times and i have more than 200 liters of this solution ..

Dave is correct. If you have time and it's not a pressing matter, suspend solid copper metal in the solution. You should only do this after the solution is clear with no sediment. If the solution is too black to see through, it can be diluted with a 90% water and 10% HCl solution until the solution is clear enough to see through. This should be your first step. Dilution, filter and suspend copper metal in the solution. Do not allow the copper metal to sit on the bottom of the container. It should be nearer the top but not exposed to the air. You may add an air bubbler for agitation, which helps and speeds up the process. If time is important, the process can be sped up further with heating.

i used NaCl (food salt ) to get the silver from the solution , then i tested the outcoming its only silver with nothing else so i want to see if there is any thing else

Hello.
I have tried to cement Pd, after extracting Ag as silver chloride, by hunging copper sheets.
The palladium was stuck on the surface of the copper and I had to use a file to take it off.
I haven't tried agitation though.

not a probe, but played with my cleaner a bit.

won't do it in a beaker though, just like boiling. very violent process and the losses can be significant.

Latest posts

Back