Processing PGM Scrap DVD Update

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazersteve

Rich said:
.. snip..
anyways was wondering what the status or possible outlook on when the platinum dvds maybe ready? no rush. just courious. debating wheather I should go ahead and get the 5 gallon bucket system III from action mining or wait on dvd's and start collecting items for them.

and courious if maybe you might be able to give some more insight to you process? like how many or how much material could be processed at a time? items and chemicals that are going to be needed? thanks

-Rich

Rich,

The DVD is very near completion. I have to complete the filming of three more sections. I have over 50 videos to edit down before the disc is done, including the narratives and text overlays. I was actually able to work on it some over the holidays.

The weather here has been rainy so that prevented me from filming any outdoor segments. The weather is nice today so I should get two of the three remaining sections done (hopefully).

My PGM DVD is an overview of extracting PGMs from a few types of scrap (as seen in the PGM Introduction video on my website).

I've been processing small batches (1 pound and less) of each type of the scrap seen in the intro video using aqua regia, hydrochloric acid, and nitric acid.

My DVD is meant to educate the viewer on the proper techniques to harvest and process PGM scrap. The video covers all the steps from start to finish for Palladium and Platinum processing.

The DVD sections will include:

Intro
Harvesting
Testing
Grinding (where required)
Extraction
Filtering
Concentration (Evaporation)
Precipitation
Calcining (Burning)
Melting

The DVD pertains more to learning the processes of handling PGMs as opposed to the construction of a specific piece of equipment to process PGMs as with the actionmining videos.

Once you have seen my PGM DVD you will know what to look for to test, harvest, process, and melt PGMs. I demonstrate many techniques that are useful in processing any type of PGM material.

You can scale the process I demonstrate on the DVD to meet your needs.

There are other methods to extract the PGMs which I will post to my site and the forum as time permits. I also have some other apparatus designs not revealed in the videos which will be posted as well.

In short my DVDs will be educational not promotional in nature. I will not be demonstrating the construction of a new device or trying to sell you my secret recipe.

Steve

Back