Purple ceramic cpus

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rreyes097

Supporting Member
I was wondering whom in the forum collect CPUs? I have a decent lil collection that I've been hesitant to process because I fear I lack proper skills, due my most recent failure. Never mind that I have successfully achieved the sulfuric cell as well as well AP and gold fingers, and if course my 50g gold pins from green fiber is looking good. And well most likely successfully retrieved my gold from them. Well I have these really nice CPUs and in the past I have successfully processed the same kind of chips before to get the gold. But like I said due to my most recent failure it's got me gunshy. I've thought of having a more qualified person process them, and out sell a few of them for collection. How do I go about doing either of the options above? Who is interested in buying such CPUs? Or who would process or help process these lil gems for me or with me?

Hi,
I'm collecting a collection of CPUs, but I need to see a picture of what you have available.
please write in this topic or PM or e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!

Best Regards,

So I'm thinking of doing a small batch of ceramic cpus the small purple kind. And I'm trying to figure out what is the approach. I have two previous experiences with this and the first one was a fail on the second one worked but I don't think I did it well. Cuz I probably lost a lot of gold. I'm watching videos and trying to study on the forum but I'm getting information overload and I just want to know with a batch of 175 g of purple ceramic CPUs the Motorola kind. What is the best way aqua regia? Nitric and water? Soak in HCL, then rinse and nitric and water? Please help me with the best route. I understand that I don't know that much but I'm learning and that is why I'm not doing the whole 2kg of CPUs at once! So please let me know your thoughts. Thanks to you the forum folks. Pic of what I'm talking about

Attachments

• 16299151193374004807034383991367.jpg
    16299151193374004807034383991367.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 135
My thoughts: SLOW DOWN!!

You're trying a lot of different types of chips from what I read in your latest posts. And scattering your learning curve over too many threads. Keep em together. Finish one, move on to the next. Or you'll drown in pots and bottles of solutions and experiment leftovers you won't be able to keep track of. Or get lost in this endlessly deep wierd and fascinating scientific rabbit hole.

Gold is never lost. We use the stockpot for that.
Or smelting and the copper cell. Or cupelling. Or whichever recovery process is best suited for the specific mess at hands.

Nitric imo is for refining, not recovery. Except for silver and Pd. As far as i know... Which is very basic and limited. :!: :!: :lol:

AR is a refining process. Rarely used when basemetals are abundant due to displacement of the lesser reactive metals in solution.

There is a ton of info here on the forum, just learn to use the search function and look for the info you need.
Sometimes AP is the best way to loosen the gold from CPU's, sometimes it's incineration to free gold inside.
Search for manufacturers info to learn where the precious metals are in the chips. If it's not allready extensively discussed here.

Take your time to learn.

Martijn.

Although it may seem that I'm doing too much. I assure you yet again that I am not I am finishing my projects after that I go on to the next one I have a lot of time on my hands and over the last couple days my whole family has covid. So I am able to start a process and finish it. I don't know why everybody seems to think I'm going too fast or doing too much. But I am being careful. And with this much Time on My hands it is easy to do all of these things that I'm talking about and finish them. My sulphuric cell is now settling so that is the only thing that is still unresolved. I know it may seem that I have a lot going on because of all my posts. But In between those posts and my crazy brain things are getting done. I'm asking questions and asking for advice is part of my research along with reading the forum watching videos. And right now I have those purple CPUs dang near gold plate less. :p it is going quite well. Thanks again for the caution and sage words but I'm looking for helpful tips and advice to further my knowledge. I'm at the hands on approach,.... only after I've read what I could about the particular subject, watched any and all videos that may be of help. And have asked the good folks in the forum for advice. I'm sure many of you were the same. Excited yet cautious.

Many ceramic cpus are worth more to collectors than the gold recovered, it may pay to check values before starting to process, if they are sell and buy more scrap to process.

I did try to sell but the few people that contacted me said they weren't very rare. The ones I have. I'd totally sell some to get more scrap or money. I'd trade or even someone can process them for me and we could split. Because I don't have much nitric left after the last batch I did. But again no one seemed interested

Latest posts

Back