Ques about computer parts

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndglobal

I was wondering if anyone has put anything together showing what parts are worth going after and what parts aren’t. I’ve been doing all my parts separately to see what I get from them. Fingers together, then pins together, etc... I’m also finding out for the new guys to brake everything open on a board for the first time because I did find gold where I didn’t know that it was used inside of something. About parts: Ques, the slotted part where the finger board slide into, I noticed that a lot of them have a thin coating of gold so I put some into an AP, it worked but then I broke off the plastic part and noticed that some of the connectors still had some gold on them. Then I took some and put them in a AR. The AR ate everything that was metal. I got the solution to turn brown but had a hell of a time getting the brown to drop. After urea & SMB, I ended up adding water and baking soda to it, then it dropped everything. Now there should be gold in the bottom but there’s probably other metals also and what’s the best way to handle this to get just the gold out?.

you can try another AR treatment again ,but by the sounds of what your saying it has alot of base metal in it so you might have to hit it with hot nitric acid and then a ar ,then it should drop nicely.

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking but wanted to get an opinion from the board. I try to do everything step by step according to what you all are saying plus I have read everything here but its way to much information for my mind to take in all at once. Thanks for the help. Don

Latest posts

Back