question about sulfuric and hydrochloric acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donald7755

i would like to ask about sulfuric and hydrochloric acid . now please keep in mind that i have never messed with or dealt with sulfuric acid before . i read in a comment on youtube where a guy used the sulfuric acid as a oxidizer . he stated that he did his gold plated pins in the same manner as the AP/HCL method . i have done some research and found that sulfuric acid is a very strong oxidizer . i have spent the better part of my afternoon trying to research this and i have yet to come up with any answers . so i hope that somebody here will have some answers on this . now please keep in mind that im talking about gold plated pins and other small gold plated metals , for example audio banana plugs . ok here goes .

1. can this actually be done this way ?
2. what kind of reaction would sulfuric and hydrochloric acid make ?
3. i have a very well ventilated room i do my refining in , can this be done indoors or would it be safer
out doors ?
4 . will this mixture be a little faster on metal pins , etc than the AP/HCL method ?
5 would i need to do any thing special , for example , neutralize the acid , or can it be done the same way
AP/HCL method is done ?
6 . what color/s should i be looking for ?

time is not a factor for me when it comes to gold refining . any answers and information you guys can give on this would be great . and i thank each and every one who answers this for me .

after reading about this on that comment it got me to wondering about it and so i thought i would ask about it . again thanks in advance .

Don't do anything in your house, and don't do anything until you study this forum enough that you don't need to ask questions like these. Work on accumulating stuff to process in that time.

Jim

Sounds quite dangerous to me. Don't follow anything you see on Youtube unless the person making the video is a long time member of this forum.

Donald,

Everything in that room will now rust. You are putting yourself, your family, and any pets you have in terrible danger. You may not see the fumes but they are there and they are deadly. If nitric is in the mix, you may have already destroyed your house. Please stop whatever your doing and transfer everything to a safe outside location...........NOW. Hmm,........................did I mention that you should do this RIGHT NOW.

You may think we are over reacting but it really is dangerous sir. People die every year from doing things they do not understand. Please don't become a statistic. Everyone here is willing to help you but you have to learn to crawl before you jump in a car and drive off. As for your other questions, take the time to study the forum.

I have only been here three years and have heard of 3 deaths and many serious accidents because of people not taking the correct safety precautions. Other than that, welcome to the forum.

Mike

goldsilverpro said:
Sounds quite dangerous to me. Don't follow anything you see on Youtube unless the person making the video is a long time member of this forum.

ohh i agree 1000 % . it just got me to wondering about it so i tried to look it up and could not find any thing on it and that is why i was asking you guys about it .

everydayisalesson said:
Donald,

Everything in that room will now rust. You are putting yourself, your family, and any pets you have in terrible danger. You may not see the fumes but they are there and they are deadly. If nitric is in the mix, you may have already destroyed your house. Please stop whatever your doing and transfer everything to a safe outside location...........NOW. Hmm,........................did I mention that you should do this RIGHT NOW.

You may think we are over reacting but it really is dangerous sir. People die every year from doing things they do not understand. Please don't become a statistic. Everyone here is willing to help you but you have to learn to crawl before you jump in a car and drive off. As for your other questions, take the time to study the forum.

I have only been here three years and have heard of 3 deaths and many serious accidents because of people not taking the correct safety precautions. Other than that, welcome to the forum.

Mike

thanks mike . i will be taking your's and everybody else's advice as well . and will be doing a lot of studying and question asking ( if i cant seem to find it) on here .

also thanks for the welcome , im glad to be here .

Latest posts

Back