Recovering Pd with Dimethylglyoxime 97% or 99% ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uciocciu

Hi guys,

I think I have some palladium to recover, trapped in silver relays.

I am a little bit short with DMG, so I have to buy it, but I am not very skilled in choosing the right product, within the various types of proposed DMG.

Dimethylglyoxime 97 % - Is it OK to recover Palladium..PNGDimethylglyoxime 99% - Is it OK to recover Palladium..PNG
Given DMG is quite expensive, should I buy 97% or 99 % (see attached) ?

Thank you for yours advices,

U Ciocciu

Most of the times, DMG only scavenge the palladium. From the solution of base metals, it is difficult to produce 99% Pd in one go (from my experience).

Most likely, the impurities are butanedione and hydroxylamine (from decomposition of DMG). I always use very very old DMG from like 50´s or 60´s where I doubt the purity exceed 95%. And it works as it should, I have no problems with it.

I think you will be fine with 99 and also 97% stuff.

Most of the times, DMG only scavenge the palladium. From the solution of base metals, it is difficult to produce 99% Pd in one go (from my experience).

Most likely, the impurities are butanedione and hydroxylamine (from decomposition of DMG). I always use very very old DMG from like 50´s or 60´s where I doubt the purity exceed 95%. And it works as it should, I have no problems with it.

I think you will be fine with 99 and also 97% stuff.
Thank you Orvi,
So nice of you
See you

U ciocciu

Latest posts

Back