recovery of microscopic gold from ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giom

please need help on prossessing a microscopic gold ore i found as a grounded powder i used aqua regia on it and precipate with smb as a orange brown powder but cant melt even over or at 1200c please any body with have experince with that type of ore helpplease thanks

I think you precipitated way more than just gold with your smb.
Instead of AR why not look into hypochlorite leaching. Deano has some excellent posts on the subject, especially one made on the 3rd page of the thread titled "Things which may be of interest to members".
He also made some posts on Thiocyanate leaching that you could read.

In Deano's post on hypochlorite leaching he states: "Best conditions for running a hypochlorite leach.

My preference is for pH 7, 200 grams per litre plain salt, calcium hypochlorite starting at 1 gram per litre.

The lower you can keep the hypochlorite levels the less attack on metals apart from gold."

Platdigger said:
In Deano's post on hypochlorite leaching he states: "Best conditions for running a hypochlorite leach.

My preference is for pH 7, 200 grams per litre plain salt, calcium hypochlorite starting at 1 gram per litre.

The lower you can keep the hypochlorite levels the less attack on metals apart from gold."
thank you sir for info i will try it idid once chlorination on it and pracipate same way with smb it wont melt either .whene iuse aqua regia and precipate the orange brown powder ido a lot of rinzing and cleaning with ammounia and i use aqua regia again on it i get same result .thank sir

The double post was my fault. I switched the thread to the mining category, where it should have been posted, and giom reposted it. I'll just leave it here in the wrong place. ANYTHING involving mining or ore should be put in the mining category.

Latest posts

Back