Samples

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I know almost zero about ores. So why would you not test the first sample in the first picture?

The first sample is "Bull Quartz", not known for carrying any amount of Au, other than a trace. It was made from a large solution of SiO2 only. Geology is an understanding of Earth mechanics. It usually takes some Fe and S to precipitate Au into a deposit of workable, economic size. The other samples looked to contain some of these elements. It would be more beneficial for you to watch a few Youtube videos, then you will start to grasp the necessary knowledge to understand how Au deposits form. It is too lengthy a subject to cover here, and much is available online, or in books for you to read.

Thanks, the only time I have seen any amount of ore was during a visit to the Molly Kathleen mine in Cripple Creek many years ago. You could actually seen the tiny flakes in the quartz and was amazing to see.

Back