Separation of Bromine, Iodine and Chlorine.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishaholic5

Supporting Member
Does anyone have any tips on separation and recovery of the Halides from a mixed solution?
At this point there are no metals less reactive than Aluminium in the mix.

Cheers Wal.

Edit, I may have to go back a step. Bromine and Iodine gas off HBr and HI gas in the presence of water.

Last edited:
It's kind of a paint because you get inter halogen compounds like BrCl and ICl which contaminate each of the fractions.

There might be some good details on it from Dead Sea Chemicals in Israel. IIRC, they are like the biggest of the big with bromine and have to separate that from the other halogens.

It's kind of a paint because you get inter halogen compounds like BrCl and ICl which contaminate each of the fractions.

There might be some good details on it from Dead Sea Chemicals in Israel. IIRC, they are like the biggest of the big with bromine and have to separate that from the other halogens.
Thanks Lou,
I'm trying to work out how to recover and utilise as much of the wastes from some ores as possible before I scale up my processing.
I only cemented a litre with Aluminium today but my reading tonight suggests that wasn't the best idea.
The rest of the solution I have has had the Copper cemented out with Iron. It can wait till I research this properly.

Latest posts

Back