Silver Ore 48% of Silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystianes

Hello!

I have 150 kg of silver ore that contains. The Ore contain also: Ag2S, Ag2Se, Ag2Te. And by only using Nitric Acid, u can't get this silver into the solution. You may can, but not all.
Ag 48,14
Pb 32,54
Sn 5,57
Cu 5,32
Pt 3,01
Ni 2,14
Zn 1,33

I would like to get silver and Pt of it. But the silver is more important for me in this case. I will describe the way it refines and I have a few questions that I would like someone who knows to answer.

I have a very big kettle, about 65 liters, once I'm refining I'm taking up to 10 kgs of this powder, and put this into the kettle. Then I take 1,5 kg of NaOH 49-51%, and I cook this in 2 hrs. How do I check pH of this solution before I add NaOH and after I added NaOH? Is there any pH measure device that I would use? By using NaOH I want to Pb, Sn, Cu, Ni, Zn go into the solution. If I also have Ag2S, Ag2Se and Ag2Te, which pH I need to make or how to make it as: Na2S + Ag2O, Na2Se + Ag2O and Na2Te + Ag2O. If I would make it right then the silver should settle to the bottom of this solution, and waiting for Nitric Acid.

I have refined this twice, and here comes the results, what is left in my silver powder:
Ag 97,47
Sn 1,89
Pb 0,36
Pol 0,28

The Second results:
Ag 97,49
Sn 1,68
Bi 0,41
Pol 0,24

Do I need to cook my refined silver in NaOH and Hcl again, to get rid of the metals that are sill in the refined silver?

Latest posts

Back