Silver Peroxide

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooseMan

Looking for some advice please from someone who has a higher level of chemistry than me.

I have access at work to a product called Supersil, which is a silver stabilized peroxide solution at 30%. We use it at very low additions (c. 60ml to a 500l tank) to sanitise RO water reservoir tanks.

Would this product be suitable for use in AP, or would the silver stabiliser mess with things?

Looking for some advice please from someone who has a higher level of chemistry than me.

I have access at work to a product called Supersil, which is a silver stabilized peroxide solution at 30%. We use it at very low additions (c. 60ml to a 500l tank) to sanitise RO water reservoir tanks.

Would this product be suitable for use in AP, or would the silver stabiliser mess with things?
No need for Peroxide in AP or rather it’s correct name, Cupric Chloride leach.
You need oxidised green copper in HCl or just plain HCl with air bubbling in wich there are a source of Copper.

Thank you for the response, much appreciated.

Sorry for my ignorance I was under the impression that the majority of people add a small amount of peroxide to get the process started, then rely on air addition to provide an oxygen source?

Thank you for the response, much appreciated.

Sorry for my ignorance I was under the impression that the majority of people add a small amount of peroxide to get the process started, then rely on air addition to provide an oxygen source?
You can but you do not need it

Ah, well in that case I'll rely solely on time! I'll drop in a bit of oxidised copper with my trimmed fingers instead.

That suits me very well, thanks Yggdrasil. (Brilliant forum name by the way, I assume you're Nordic!)

Ah, well in that case I'll rely solely on time! I'll drop in a bit of oxidised copper with my trimmed fingers instead.

That suits me very well, thanks Yggdrasil. (Brilliant forum name by the way, I assume you're Nordic!)
It still is wise to bubble air through it.
Aquarium air pumps works well.
And yes I'm Nordic (y)
🤓

Latest posts

Back