Solder removal

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbooth001

What is a good chemical to use to remove solder of circuit boards without using heat or loosing any precious metals need help thanks guys!

I think you need to do a bit more research. Learning even the very basics of refining will give you all these answers.

Hydrochloric acid is not a good idea. It will form silverchloride and create hard to remove tin compounds.
If (!) then I use dilute sulfuric acid ( max 5%) and give it some time and a warm spot to work.
So if it forms a silver chloride use sulfuric acid to bring it back to state?

Hydrochloric acid is not a good idea. It will form silverchloride and create hard to remove tin compounds.
If (!) then I use dilute sulfuric acid ( max 5%) and give it some time and a warm spot to work.
I'm a bit confused of what you are suggesting.
HCl won't touch the silver much and it is minute amounts anyway in solder.

It will however dissolve the tin completely and as far as I know do not leave residue.

Nitric on the other hand should not be close to tin, since it forms a compound called stannic acid
which is a form of tin oxide which is a nightmare to filter.

Jbooth you have been given good advice, read the book of C.M. Hooke
and search the forum before you continue your chemical endeavor.

I'm a bit confused of what you are suggesting.
HCl won't touch the silver much and it is minute amounts anyway in solder.

It will however dissolve the tin completely and as far as I know do not leave residue.

Nitric on the other hand should not be close to tin, since it forms a compound called stannic acid
which is a form of tin oxide which is a nightmare to filter.

Jbooth you have been given good advice, read the book of C.M. Hooke
and search the forum before you continue your chemical endeavor.
Thank you

O ácido clorídrico não é uma boa ideia. Ele formará cloreto de prata e criará compostos de estanho difíceis de remover.
Se (!), então eu uso ácido sulfúrico diluído (máximo de 5%) e dou algum tempo e um local quente para trabalhar.
Se for ácido clorídrico bem diluído pode funciona, funcionou comigo. Nas placas de celulares, retirou grande parte do estanho.

Latest posts

Back