• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Solid Copper Busbars in Ohio

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 6 solid copper busbars that were used in the telecom industry. Some are actually brand new. I do a lot of scrapping and I have been saving these over time. I have been a member here for over a year. I am going to try to attach a photo to this message. I am located in Ohio. I will discuss price to anyone interested.
[email protected]

Attachments

• 20220731_124025.jpg
    20220731_124025.jpg
    2 MB
  • 20220731_123113.jpg
    20220731_123113.jpg
    1.2 MB
ahhhh,, browns, and bengals - steelers and eagles here - mid PA
I had some time in columbus, building homes there in the mid 80's to early 90's with Ryan homes
such a lifetime ago - dealing with partial prefab housing units and "not" copper bus bars but coated ones

That's crazy because I am just now leaving Columbus and I saw many Ryan Housing signs and the developments. Crazy coincidences.. But I think I know what you are talking about. I have a few grounding rods that are apparently copper coated only. About 7 cent a pound at my scrap yard.

I have been holding on to the things since copper dipped from its HIGH highs... They are solid copper. I have a few more than photographed here. The one is coated I believe with nickel, tin or possibly silver. Haven't acid tested it yet. I am a rookie gold refiner for sure and I really don't want let these things go for scrap price. That's another reason I've been hanging on to then. Trying to go back to my old solutions recently and reading more into the cementing process I realized that these could be ideal for a real refiner.(I understand the holes aren't ideal). So I figured someone on here could put them to better use than I can. Not willing g to partition them for the good of cementing PMs from solution though! Haha. I am open to barter as well for sure though.

This video is a year old... I think everyone should get a good laugh... It's one of my first experiences in refining gold pins with nitric acid.

Attachments

• received_1770474569829546.mp4
    5.8 MB
This video is a year old... I think everyone should get a good laugh... It's one of my first experiences in refining gold pins with nitric acid.
This right here is why we use a hood, a catch container, and even extra ventilation!!! This could have cost you more than a few gold pins my friend! Glad you are still with us. SAFTY FIRST PEOPLE!

I have been trying to find uses for them other than the intended. Cementing is the only thing I've found yet. I have been curious about the cell premise but have not got very deep with it yet. I think I will bc I have many sizes of these things.

Latest posts

Back