solution from the scrubber that contains the fumes of nitric

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddie

I see that we can add urea to a nitric and water solution to kill the free nitric that goes into our work area or something like that.
I was wondering about the solution from the scrubber that contains the fumes of nitric and hcl and lye
Can this be reused for something like dissolving fingers instead this being treated as waste

golddie said:
I see that we can add urea to a nitric and water solution to kill the free nitric that goes into our work area or something like that.
I was wondering about the solution from the scrubber that contains the fumes of nitric and hcl and lye
Can this be reused for something like dissolving fingers instead this being treated as waste

I doubt if trying to recover any chemicals would be practical. The Urea Nitrate that is formed from the reaction of Nitric Acid with Urea is explosive.

This is still in theory, but once I'll finish my new lab i plan to scrub NOx through a graduated cylinder filled with water/H2O2 and fish tank air bubbler that constantly adding more oxygen to the water to dissolve more NOx until saturation and use that solution for next nitric leaching .

http://img828.imageshack.us/i/43996237.jpg/
Here I made a drawing of your idea samuel-a

Option 1 is something Irons had talked about before

Irons
I didn't know that
Than is it dangerous to do this thing
Nitric Acid with Urea is explosive

Would this be right or is there more needed to these ideas
Thanks

golddie said:
http://img828.imageshack.us/i/43996237.jpg/

Option 1 is something Irons had talked about before

Irons
I didn't know that
Than is it dangerous to do this thing
Nitric Acid with Urea is explosive

Would this be right or is there more needed to these ideas
Thanks

Urea Nitrate is not very sensitive but I wouldn't cook it down to dryness. Plants will metabolize it, so disposing it isn't much of a problem.

golddie said:

that's pretty close sketch.

The main idea is to safely use (and re-use) hot nitric leach in closed system, excess NOx gas from scrubbing will go up the vent system.

Latest posts

Back