Some BC Black Sand Under the Microscope

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent Pictures
That why exactly i never discarded Black sand
before i checking out for microscopic gold

Impressive for such good amount of fine gold

One day i have to go up there In Canada to check it out gold and Jade.

Instead of smelting
You can try to put the concentrate in a beaker

use Aqua Regia process

it will dissolve the gold

My Friend told me that He lose gold in the smelting process

lot of microscopic gold end up in the slag

Last edited:
I have found out
that by using Aqua regia

I recovery more gold than in smelting.

and save money
because all the money spend in the cupeling process is way lot for the return

Last edited:
Greetings Heavy Black Sands
Thank you for getting back to me.
And really appreciate the flux composition. I know black sands vary from area to area. But I am willing to try this formula. And see how this works.
I also wish you success on your up and coming first tries.
Thank you.

I have found out
that using Aqua regia

I recovery more gold than in smelting.

and save money
because all the money spend in the cupeling process is way lot for the return
I'm going to be experimenting with leaching to ..... in fact, it looks like the leaching products will arrive sooner than i will be able to round up all the smelting ingredients/items required to smelt .... so, it looks like i will be leach testing before smelt testing.

You appear to be right on saving on the cuppelling process ..... if you can get the gold to drop from the pregnant solution, it appears the precipitated Gold will be pure enough to bypass cupellation, and go straight to melt.

Greetings Heavy Black Sands
Thank you for getting back to me.
And really appreciate the flux composition. I know black sands vary from area to area. But I am willing to try this formula. And see how this works.
I also wish you success on your up and coming first tries.
Thank you.
Also .... roast your black sand first .... the people i know who are smelting black sand successfully are roasting their black sand prior to smelting.

One day i have to go up there In Canada to check it out gold and Jade.
Lots of black sand in the BC creeks ... the quality/composition of said black sands varies alot ..... the black sand in most creeks are carrying very little value.

The Jade videos on youtube are click bait ..... the Jade as being touted as plentiful all over the Fraser basin is almost all Serpentine - the Chinese jade buyers wont pay a dime for it ..... the high quality/valuable Jade is very rare.

Also .... roast your black sand first .... the people i know who are smelting black sand successfully are roasting their black sand prior to smelting.
Thank you for the update. I am here in BC as well. And always dealing with Black sand materials. Yes roasting is an added benefit. From previous treads looks like the optimum roasting temperatures are around 1100 degrees Fahrenheit. Thank you kindly.

Lots of black sand in the BC creeks ... the quality/composition of said black sands varies alot ..... the black sand in most creeks are carrying very little value.

The Jade videos on youtube are click bait ..... the Jade as being touted as plentiful all over the Fraser basin is almost all Serpentine - the Chinese jade buyers wont pay a dime for it ..... the high quality/valuable Jade is very rare.
A year or so ago, I watched a video about a business that mines BC Nephrite of high enough quality that the Chinese buyers purchase it. The producers use wire saws to reduce the massive in-situ blocks and glacial boulders to manageable size. Here is a published paper: http://www.em.gov.bc.ca/Mining/Geoscience/IndustrialMinerals/Documents/P2004-2-57.pdf

Hello All,

Is it possible to obtain red mercury using mercury and sulfur compounds and then extract valuable metals like gold? For example, I have identified that in the Izmir region of Turkey, there are geological deposits of gold sulfide ores. Can one collect not only mercury but also valuable metals in the size of zero microns using mercury compound sulfur (red mercury)? I am looking for interest and advice from forum members who have suggestions or practical recommendations on this matter.

Respect

Back