Stannous test +, SMB no reaction when added.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowlingMad

Hey all,
I have about 600ml of a tea colored solution from ram fingers. Was dropping gold out with SMB NO PROBLEM.

Went to bed and restarted next morning. Stannous test positive but now SMB does not react at all. Just lays on the bottom of the beaker.

What do I do now?
Thank you

Its probably a good idea to describe more of what you have done. How many ram fingers, AP ? AR ? Denoxx ? How much SMB ?

When you say dropping Gold with SMB NO PROBLEM, does this mean that the Gold dropped ?

SMB reacts with HCl to form SO2 which actually does the work, how concentrated is your solution ?

Kernals thanks for the response.
It was the fingers cut off of four lbs of RAM. I used AR and followed kadriver/sreetips video.

Yes I was able.to drop gold out with SMB. I was telling a friend about it, he brought over a Eisen Stannous reagent. When we tested with this it formed a milky white paste on the test strips. The working solution has a PH of 4-4.5.

New to the group where is the Stannous recipe? I probably fouled.up making it.
Thanks Bob

HowlingMad said:
Kernals thanks for the response.
It was the fingers cut off of four lbs of RAM. I used AR and followed kadriver/sreetips video.

Yes I was able.to drop gold out with SMB. I was telling a friend about it, he brought over a Eisen Stannous reagent. When we tested with this it formed a milky white paste on the test strips. The working solution has a PH of 4-4.5.

New to the group where is the Stannous recipe? I probably fouled.up making it.
Thanks Bob

Personally I would follow the advice on here and not on Youtube videos designed to make their presenters money. Most are wrong.

Do you have a weight for the fingers only, then at least we could tell you how much Gold to expect. My guess is that fingers from 4lb of ram is going to be slightly less than 1g of Gold. When you are starting out, working with very small quantities of Gold is very difficult!

Did you dissolve the Gold and Copper together in one process using AR ? Did you pre-mix the AR or did you only add enough Nitric acid to get the job done ? Did you do anything to remove the excess Nitric acid ?

I see you have 600mL of solution, how much Gold have you recovered from it ?

Latest posts

Back