Sticky post about spot tests, then lock it.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NuggetHuntingFool

I was just wondering if you guys/gals wouldn't mind throwing together a sticky about spot testing for known minerals. For instance.

Spot test for:
Gold
Silver
Pt, Rh, Ir, Pd
Zinc
Copper
etc...

and also

Arsenic
Mercury
Thallium
Osmium
etc...

And also, with each type of spot test, what to be careful of so you don't blow yourself up or inhale something really bad.

For instance.

If you're spot testing for Gold, and mineral X is in the mix then you'll blow up or expose yourself to something very very toxic. So be sure to spot test for mineral x before you spot test for gold, etc...

Do any of you think that would be a helpful sticky?? Once it's complete then lock it, and only moderators can add things upon suggestions/criticisms of the more knowledgeable members.

I think that would help a lot of newbs like myself...

Thanks

Man: 4 edits. I'm sorry mods!

True, but it's good to know your information is coming from knowledgeable sources or people that have had odd experiences too.

I think a quick reference for spot testing would be nice. I haven't seen any like I've described.

This would be a great reference post.
I am all for it.
If others have info to contribute, I'll kick down with some of the testing procedures that I am aware of.
Rocks and minerals are my thing.

Sincerely; Rick. "The Rock Man".

aflacglobal said:
Write it up Rick and we will get it stickied.
Lol is that a word ?

I hope that others have some testing procedures to contribute.
Yes, lol seems to be a word, abbreviation actually. I use it frequently. ( lol = laughing out loud.)
It has became a part of my vocabulary due to sending, and receiving text messages.

Sincerely; Rick. "The Rock Man".

Check the rough guide to the forum and the reaction list pages in the Guided Tour Link below , they both contain a lot of test procedures with photos.

Steve

Back