Stop Refining.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdlcar

I went to the Doctor on Friday of last week and found out my right lung stop working that why I can't breathe and when try to do anything I get wore out quick.

So when I get done with my 2 pound of silver I did I will quit. I all ready refine 2 pound so after I wash it and melt it into bars. I was going to used a silver cell to make it .999 but I don't want to get my health worse.

I had my teeth ruined, I had vision problems, any contact with acid, my kidneys hurt too much, I decided to stop too

One must treat compounds, acids and gases with utmost care or it is to be expected.

Sorry to hear that from both of you, but thanks for letting us know.
Not many do so, and i'm sure some never had the chance to say that before it was too late.
This is a dangerous hobby!

The comments from Dave and Martijn should be heeded by everyone. Recovery and refining of precious metals is only for those willing to learn each tiny step, and are capable of performing each step safely.

If you need to ask about safety procedures for any task in recovery or refining, you do not know enough to continue. Put your toys away now, take several steps back in your plans, and make a few hard decisions.

I have empathy for both Jmdlcar and Jinglat. I sincerely hope others learn that extreme caution and planning to the point where our friends and family believe we border on paranoia and insanity should be viewed as a good thing.

Even with every procedural precaution, however, mistakes can be made, many times unknowingly, that catch up on us months, years, and sometimes decades later.

Be safe.

Time for more coffee.

Back