Store for later

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisgard

Hi guys,

I thought I was doing well with my research before but have now decided I maybe rushed a bit (I'm sorry mistake 1 already šŸ˜ž) so I have some ram fingers in hcl at the moment, is there a safe way to store this for later when I have done more research and have everything set up better?

I'm sorry to be a pain

To be clear I'm probably not doing anything wrong it's more I feel uncomfortable with my set up after more reading (I spend hours every day on here reading different things) and I don't want to play with dangerous chemicals if I feel uncomfortable in any way.

I'm assuming I could just remove the ram sticks (not fingers sorry typo in the first post), filter then store the acid in an acid resistant bottle with a screw cap. Wash the sticks and filter and put this in another container for later?

That will work, It should be fine stored in a plastic bucket with a lid, leaving a place or vent for any gases that may build from chemical reactions or temperature changes can escape.
Labeled or marked toxic copper and metal chlorides, do not store in a building or garage, where acidic gases would corrode most everything in the area, you could use an old wood shed or dog house, or somewhere out of reach of children or pets where any acidic gases will not corrode tools or materials in the storage area,

If the solution is the bright green color of very reactive Cupric chloride it will be more reactive and if undissolved metals will produce more gases and reactions which can evolve heat, than a less reactive salt solution or dark brown solution of cuprous chloride.

Back