Sulphamic and stannous chloride from powder.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreis412

Kreischtech
Hi,
I was trying to find out the correct way to mix sulphamic acid from powder to denox gold solution. I also bought stannous chloride powder and was wondering the same thing. For the stannous i heard 1or 5 grams per 30ml. However it doesn't seem to work unless i add tin. Although i thought stannous chloride was actually tin chloride so it seems redundant.
Thanks,
Kreis

As far as for the Sulfamic acid, you can just add the crystals directly in as is...a tiny bit at a time. I would add it before filtering, so you can filter out any lead chloride that might form and catch any undissolved Sulfamic crystals.

I have always made my stannous with tin metal... I've never used the stannous crystals.

Hi,
I was trying to find out the correct way to mix sulphamic acid from powder to denox gold solution. I also bought stannous chloride powder and was wondering the same thing. For the stannous i heard 1or 5 grams per 30ml. However it doesn't seem to work unless i add tin. Although i thought stannous chloride was actually tin chloride so it seems redundant.
Thanks,
Kreis
Well I never buy Stannous, I just dissolve some Tin in HCl and use that.
Sulfamic can be used directly, but the solution needs to be around 80 Centigrade and added in small amounts at the time.
Eaglekeeper beat me to it ;)

Hi,
Thanks,
Kreis
To keep stannous chloride solution from oxidation, you add some tin. If part is oxidized, you still can use the upper clear part of solution.

Latest posts

Back