Thiosulfate leach

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budzag

Hi Guys, I am new here this place looks like a great place to share ideas and gain knowledge.
Anyhow I have a issue and would like to know if anyone could help.

I have leached my heavy gold cons using Sodium Thiosulfate and water mix. I had left them in the glass container for approximately 2 weeks stiring every so often and adding more crystals
Every few day to make sure the leach was strong. After the 2 weeks I filtered the solution using a coffee filter and i could see the colour had a slight yellow orange hue so I am assuming the gold an sliver salts had leached into solution? Now I have been trying to find a way to cement the gold out of the mix as it is not hydo or nitrc acid as water was used with the Thiosulfate. I am trying to stay away from acids if possible?. I was thinking electrowinning the solution with to stainless steel sheets. One as the anode an 1 as cathode would this work? I have attached a pic of solution does this look like gold particles floating around? I also put a piece or aluminum in the solution as it though it might drop the gold haha.

Any help would be awesome on trying to recover the metals 🤙

Attachments

• 20241024_115009.jpg
    20241024_115009.jpg
    1.2 MB
  • 20241019_172414.jpg
    20241019_172414.jpg
    2.4 MB

Latest posts

Back