Titanium sheet and tubes and welding.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAuCl4

Some client insists that he wants a reactor and some pipes custom made from titanium 1/4 inch thick or so. I have tried to talk him out of it and use cheaper materials to no avail.

I've never worked with the stuff on the scale he wants. I understand welding it is very difficult and specialized. Any recommendations or links to source this stuff or specialized builders in the U.S.?. Cheers.

HAuCl4 said:
Some client insists that he wants a reactor and some pipes custom made from titanium 1/4 inch thick or so. I have tried to talk him out of it and use cheaper materials to no avail.

I've never worked with the stuff on the scale he wants. I understand welding it is very difficult and specialized. Any recommendations or links to source this stuff or specialized builders in the U.S.?. Cheers.

I would recommend that you purchase a square wave tig machine with HF ( high frequency start ) this way your not contaminating the weld zone. Follow some of the welding techniques from these youtube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=we...t=ubuntu&channel=fs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1

Our big reactors and heat exchangers in our glass system are titanium. I can recommend a vendor to do your work.

Latest posts

Back