Update on ARA

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinNH

Hey all-

I was just going to post this under my original topic, but figured I would start a new one.

Got my settlement from ARA. My cash + gold returned, based on the day of settlement is pretty damn close to what I had calculated less the 2% fee. Also, there was a class ring in the mix with a large stone, so if you factor that in as well, its very close.

Just wanted to let anyone know who is considering sending in their scrap that it worked out nicely for me. Just before gold lost a good chunk of value too (though im sure it will regain it and then some ;))

Noxx said:
Do they buy pure gold (.999+)?

I imagine so, but probably still at the 98% spot price. Maybe different depending on quantity or the fact of what it is. I know they also pay for shipping if it is over a certain weight.

Noxx said:
Do they buy pure gold (.999+)?

Noxx here in OZ if the pure gold is not coin or bullion hallmarked then they need to assay it (which they charge for) then they buy it roughly $20-30 less the going ounce on the day.

Your better off selling to jewellers if you only have a smaller quantity as they only need smaller amounts and dont care if its hallmarked (only if its high grade 24ct) as when they buy from refiners they pay a premium (so you could easily sell at the spot price)

If you dont know any jewellers thats fine just introduce yourself, tell them what your doing and show them some pure gold. Before you know it you will be doing all their refining if you do a good job (added business).

Just a suggestion :wink:

Back