Vibratory Screen

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Made from junk laying around the shop.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUH3fpXBukU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

At first glance, it looks like something from a 1950's horror movie, kind of a creeping blob thing, almost looks alive. :shock:
That would really be handy for sifting, maybe make different sizes of screen so you can separate material by size.

Attachments

• 100_7595.JPG
    100_7595.JPG
    927.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 100_7594.JPG
    100_7594.JPG
    901.6 KB · Views: 322
Hmm, i'll have to make one of those, have to see if my wife has an extra one I can borrow! LOL.

Nice idea clamping the box to an already existing vibratory mechanism, instead of having to craft the whole thing from scratch. I'm thinking something similar might be made using a small compressor. Remove the head and mount it on its side and then somehow attach the box to the piston. As the piston moves in and out, it will shake the box. Maybe coupled with a dimmer switch (or something similar) to reduce the speed. Is this feasible or am I totally off base?

Shaul

Shaul said:
Nice idea clamping the box to an already existing vibratory mechanism, instead of having to craft the whole thing from scratch. I'm thinking something similar might be made using a small compressor. Remove the head and mount it on its side and then somehow attach the box to the piston. As the piston moves in and out, it will shake the box. Maybe coupled with a dimmer switch (or something similar) to reduce the speed. Is this feasible or am I totally off base?

Shaul

Or you could mount an eccentric weight onto a small electric motor to generate vibration, http://www.emagindia.com/appli.htm

Attachments

• 306-006-pcb-vibration-motor.260.191.r.s.png
    306-006-pcb-vibration-motor.260.191.r.s.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 274
I have one I made from the harbor freight vibratory bowl. I cut the top of the bowl so it holds the riddles I have and it dose a great job. The machine really work for polishing like it is suposed to. The motor shaft is too soft and bends from the vibrations when you have more than 5 lb of stuff in it but it works great for a screed.

One of my projects started many years ago, that I'm looking forward to completing.

The aluminum casting ( home foundry ) made from found is designed as a base to be attached to a C-Frame style electric motor. The eccentric affixed to the armature is enclosed in the housing which is then affixed to a mobile base.

Vibratory's have many uses, this project is intended for lapidary use to be used as a flat lap a hobby with its roots going back to the 1980's.

As you can clearly see the casting now has a passive coating from aging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passivation_(chemistry)

Attachments

• 100_7691.JPG
    100_7691.JPG
    998.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_7690.JPG
    100_7690.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 156

Latest posts

Back